Sometimes, after registering your site with a new installation of Solr search, you may find that Solr only crawls your site for 10 seconds and then says "Done" in the status window through the Workarea.
Using Java 8 and higher exposes this issue. Ektron plans to test and incorporate Solr interactivity with Java 8 in a future release.
Uninstall and then re-install Java and Solr because Solr needs to re-orient itself to the new Java version installed on the server.
- Uninstall Solr through running the Solr setup utility.
- Uninstall Java 8 and Java Development Kit 8 through Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs .
- Install Java Development Kit 7 (latest update).
- Install Solr through the setup utility from your previous download, or get another copy from the download page on the portal.
- Re-register your site. It should crawl as expected. Note that because it will be performing a full crawl that the initial crawl may take some time.