This is a sample site image slider for testing purposes. This sample custom widget was tested in version 9.1 SP1 and 9.0 SP2.
* Note: This is a custom widget and may not work for some use cases.
- Site-Slider ascx , .cs, and .jpg control files
- Supporting files ( JS, css, images)
- XML for Smart Form the widget pulls the data from
- SiteSlider.cs App Code file
How to use:
In the site root:
- Place the siteslider.cs file in the App Code folder of your site root
- Place the Site-Slider ascx, .cs and .jpg control files and SiteSlider supporting folder in the Widgets folder under " YourSiteRoot"/ Widgets
In the workarea:
- Create a new Smart Form in the workarea > Settings > Smart Form configuration:
- In the source view of the smart from place the contents from the SiteSliderSmartFormXML.txt file and save the smart form:
- Create a new Folder in the workarea > Content Tab
- Assign the newly created smart form to the folder.
- Create new HTML smart form. It should look like the following:
- In the smart form you can add a speed in milliseconds, Title, Image, Summary, and add a link. There is also an option to add additional slides
- Finally after you saved the Smart From content item, open up the Site-Slider.asxc.cs file in an editor of choice and change the uxBannerContentBlock.DefaultContentID to match the ID of your smart form content item created in the workarea and save:
- Finally navigate to the workarea > Settings > Personalizations > Widgets and click the SYNCHRONIZE WIDGETS FROM /WIDGETS/ FOLDER button to add the widget to the system:
7. And your Done!