When using Aloha, the edit in context menu is not closing after you click on the content block.
You might notice this issue if you upgraded from an earlier version of the Ektron CMS and were utilizing eWebEdit400/Content Designer for your editor but are now using Aloha.
- Navigate to on a page that you want to edit that uses the UX Toolbar (a.k.a Ektron Toolbar)
- Move the slider to "Edit"
- Click a content block you want to edit
- Use the menu in the upper right of the content block to choose "Edit in context"
- The menu does not close on its own, even if you click into the content block. Although the window can be closed manually, this behavior may confuse users.
If your organization has no users using eWebEdit400/Content Designer as their editor, follow these steps ti resolve the problem.
- Navigate to your site root folder.
- Edit your Web.config using notepad or similar application.
- Look for the following line:
- If the Value is set to "UserPreferred", change it to the following:
- Save your web.config.
**** NOTE - THIS WILL CAUSE YOUR SITE TO RECOMPILE ****
- Test the original issue. You should now see that the "Edit in context" menu closes on its own when you click into the content block.